Wednesday, March 23, 2011

When we reach the top of the hill, I spread the blanket I'm carrying under my arms across the grass. I hold out my hand, offering her a seat, and don't take mine until after she does. We then hold hands in silence as we gaze out at the spectacle before us. Then, we turn away and look into each others eyes. For a brief moment, we try to convey all the feelings we have which are too complex for words with a single look. Within it is a fire which rivals those starting to close in around us. Then, we connect at the lips for the most passionate kiss of our lives as the world is reduced to ashes.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. Listen to All American Rejects's "Mona Lisa." The first line of re chorus is "would you sit beside me when the world falls down?" It's sweet and heavy at the same time, similar to this. You are a fantastic writer, you know. :-)

    ReplyDelete